Utah Coalition for Educational TechnologyApps for the iPad
Pic Stitch (free) - Create and label images in different layouts
My Create ($4.99)
- Stop-Action Movie program
- Externally representing a mental model
- Forces the student to consider a timeline
- Storytelling (beginning, middle, end)
- Storyboarding (flow of the presentation)
- Change in time
Story Kit (free) - Create an electronic storybook
Sock Puppets (free / $3.99) - App that is a lot of fun for kids to create animated stories. This is done by selecting your sock, background, and props and then recording your voice as the socks talk.
Toontastic (free) - A wonderful free iPad that allows children to create animated cartoon stories. They can choose from stock characters or draw their own while animating them and recording their voice for narration. Also, Toontastic's built-in story arc takes students step-by-step on how to create a story.
Puppet Pals (free / $2.99) - A excellent free iPad app that lets users create a story by adding characters or their own photos to a selected background. Once the scene is a setup a person can move the characters around while recording their voice.
MultiTouch Math ($1.99) - Use Multi-Touch to answer addition, subtraction, division and multiplication questions.
- Allows you to edit Microsoft Office documents as well as Google documents on your iPad
- Cloud based access to Dropbox, Google Drive, and Box
- Allows multiple users to take pictures, videos, etc. at the same time in the same place and they will go to an account where you can then manipulate them (create a slideshow, movie, etc)
- Clips are saved to the designated “director” device
- Videos can be opened in iMovie and shared over iTunes
- You can mix film taken on your iPhone, iPad, etc with footage taken by other people filming the same events
- It will synchronize and edit everyone’s clips to create one movie with all the angles cut together (you also get the raw footage)
- Virtual ads / information
- Place your iPad, iPhone, or other devices over an image and watch it come to life!
- You are able to create your own as well!
- Able to add digital content to print media
- Augmented reality is a way of viewing digital information which has been superimposed – or augmented – onto a live view of the physical, real-world environment around you.
- You are able to create your own as well!
WordLens ($4.99 per language) - Word Lens translates printed words from one language to another with your smartphone's video camera, in real time. No network connection needed!
groupzap.com - Virtual bulletin board that allows multiple users to post pictures, notes, etc
- Blog from teachers - Gives step-by-step instructions on how to set up a class website and other ideas on how to go paperless in your classroom
- They said that their school (grades 7-12) was using tons of paper so their administrator challenged them to become paperless and gave them the incentive that if they did, they would be able to save and get laptops for every classroom
- They said that now they save on average $6,000-$7,000 every month by not using paper and ink!
- Allows you to share your screen to anybody with the link
- Helpful for students that need to view items closer or if you want them to focus and view
- PrimaryPad is a web-based word processor designed for schools that allows pupils and teachers to work together in real-time.
- Allows for real-time single document collaboration
- No signups needed, just start a pad, share a link, and you’re ready to go!
- You can import documents into it as well as export
- A time slider allows you to go back in time to re-create the collaboration as it happened
- InfuseLearning provides a simple, powerful platform to streamline the facilitation of learning. Engage every student, on any device.
- Similar to a Clicker, but it can be done on any device that can connect to the internet
- Allows for real-time student feedback or collective questioning
- Questions can be developed in one language and played back in another
- Student responses (drawn or quizzed) instantly display on teacher’s dashboard
- You can search a title, place, person, etc and it will generate a list of other books, places, things, etc that mention what you searched
- For example, if you search Elvis Presley, it says that Elvis Presley is mentioned in 1832 books.
- Takes all the details of a story and lists them on a web page (songs, cars, etc)
- A useful tool for students that enjoy a certain topic and you can connect it to a different book that they may not have already read or known about
- More accurate than a mouse!
- Enables the user to use their hands to write, click, play games, etc on their computer!
- Allows you to control your computer screen with gestures
Post a Comment